Voltaica Engineering commits to treat information of employees, customers, stakeholders or other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. We ensure that the company behaves in a fair and moral manner concerning the gathering, storing and handling of data. This process will be carried out with transparency and respect towards the rights of individuals who entrust it with their information. This policy applies to all parties (employees, job candidates, customers, suppliers etc.) who provide any amount of information to our company. The policy will be followed by all employees of the company and its subsidiaries as well as contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity. Generally, it refers to anyone who is in close collaboration with the company or acts on its behalf and may need occasional access to data.
Voltaica Engineering will need to obtain and process information of people that will serve its business purposes. The information may refer to any offline or online information that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, social security numbers, financial data etc.
Voltaica Engineering commits to collect this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to the company, the following rules are mandatory:
- The data will be collected fairly and for lawful purposes only;
- The data will be processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries;
- The data will not be stored for more than the specified amount of time;
- The data will be accurate and kept up-to-date;
- The data will not be distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the owner of the data (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities);
- The data will not be transferred to organizations, states or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies;
- The data will not be communicated informally;
- The data will be protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties;
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs. Specifically, the company must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected;
- Inform people about how their data will be processed;
- Inform people about who has access to their information;
- Allow people to request the modification, erasing, reduction or correction of the data contained in the company’s databases;
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data;
To exercise data protection the company is committed to:
- Develop transparent data collection procedures;
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorization etc.);
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks;
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how data will be handled;
- Inform individuals of the amount of time that their data will be preserved;
- Declare its data protection provisions publicly (e.g. on website);
- Ensure all concerned parties have read the policy and adhere to it;
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures;
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data;
- Establish clear procedures for reporting breach of privacy or data misuse;
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
Download Voltaica Engineering's Data Protection Policy here.